Compass Community Care
Scroll down to discover more
Connect. Serve. Build.
Compass Community Care is a registered charity organisation dedicated to
the care and support of people in our community. We build human
connections and demonstrate compassion through a range of programs
that Connect, Serve and Build. We believe in the value of every individual
and the positive change that is born from a supportive community.
Our work in the community
Who we are
Compass Community Care is a registered charity organisation dedicated to the care and support of people in our community. We began informal community activities in 2007 and today our programs help the sick, elderly, unemployed, our youth and those in need so they can live a more hopeful and empowered life. At Compass Community Care, we build human connections and demonstrate compassion through a range of programs that Connect, Serve and Build. We believe in the value of every individual and the positive change that is born from a supportive community.
We are dedicated to:
- Alleviating poverty, sickness, destitution, suffering, distress, misfortune, disability or helplessness in our local community.
- Providing counsel, financial aid and emotional support to needy people, as appropriate.
- Engaging in social justice and human rights issues locally and the wider community as appropriate.
Food and Supplies Relief
- Food and food hampers for families that are in financial difficulty and cant afford to feed their families
- Household goods and supplies including clothing, blankets, towels, etc.
- Meals for those who are sick and unable to prepare meals for themselves
- Financial support for Community Feeding Programs
Good Neighbour Team
- Giving our neighbors a helping hand when they need it
- Providing volunteering services that include painting, gardening, cleaning, moving house, etc.
- Our Youth Programs encourage and uplift young people, providing them with counsel to make better life choices and to help them appreciate the impact their choices have on family, friends and society. Our Youth Programs include:
- Presentations and School Tour
- Facilitating the integration of international students into our Australian culture
- Offering mentoring relationships and providing them with guidance
- Assisting with orientation within the community and providing goods where needed including furniture, food and other practical assistance
Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Immigrants
- Connecting with education programs such as budget training, life skills, parenting, health, and English classes.
- Facilitating the integration into Australian culture, providing guidance, orientation within the community
- Providing goods such as furniture, food, other practical supplies and volunteer services
How can you help
There are many ways you can help Compass Community Care continue to make real and meaningful differences in our community.
- Financial contributions: one-off donations or monthly contributions
- In-kind donations: goods and services such as bicycles, electronic equipment, gift cards, vouchers, and sporting goods, we’re open to your ideas!
- Volunteering your time: working alongside our team on the Good Neighbor Program, Food and Supplies relief and more!
Thanks to the Bank Of Melbourne Neighbourhood Fund!
With the Bank of Melbourne Neighbourhood Fund we were able to obtain some much needed new equipment to help Compass Canteen!!
Response Team Leader
Schools Tour Co-ordinator
Proactive Team Leader
Know someone who is in need and would benefit from one of these services? Contact us to see how we can help!
Want to get involved by being part of one of these teams? Contact us if you are interested!
Compass Community Care is managed by the Board of Compass Community Care. Its roles, power, composition and meetings are in accordance with Rule 22 of the Compass Community Care Constitution.Business and financial affairs are managed by the Board of Management, subject to the powers vested in the Constitution.
The Board shall serve as a governing body in accordance with the Constitution; assist the Staff & Volunteers in giving direction and formulation of policy in regards to the management of property, funds and staff, provide financial and management advice and hold itself accountable to its governance policies.